Yes, it’s another pumpkin recipe, and yes it’s just in time for Thanksgiving. Although these may not be a traditional choice for your dinner table next week, these mini pumpkin cornbread muffins, are an easy addition to your meal that will make all your guests happy. Like mini bites of orangey goodness.
Does baking cornbread make you dream of cool, Southern living like me too? Make you think of kitchens sweltering in the hot afternoon sun, and the sweet smell of cornbread rising from the oven? It’s a comfort that comes along with this delectable treat. But that vision couldn’t be farther from my reality here in Vermont. It’s a dream I hold onto during our frigid winter though.
Since I can’t make traditional cornbread, and have the pleasure of making these little babies gluten-free, I decided to spice them up even more by adding pumpkin. And we all know how much I love pumpkin. And my goodness they are scrumptious. We dipped ours in chili, but I will definitely be bringing these mini pumpkin cornbread muffins to my Thanksgiving feast.
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1½ teaspoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat wet ingredients until combined. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until a smooth batter is formed.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, gently smoothing the tops with the back of a metal spoon (or plastic spatula).
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Coming soon! Baking with Quinoa
Featuring 25 mouthwatering recipes – all free from gluten, dairy & refined sugar - Baking with Quinoa will show you just how easy it is to make healthy & nutritious baked goods.
Sign up now for 20% off!