Fruit dipped in chocolate. I don’t really think it gets better than that. I mean, how can you go wrong with this stellar combo?
I’m all about apples right now. First, because I picked a gigantic bag three weeks ago and still have lots left. And second, because apples are like the best things on earth. Especially the ones we get up here. Locally grown VT apples. Trust me when I say, I think there’s no better apple out there.
They’re incredibly sweet, with little sour bursts with each crispy bite. Each variety has a slightly different flavor, but is just as tasty as the next. Growing up in VT, I just don’t know if I’ll ever be able to enjoy an apple as much as I do here.
Which brings me back to this amazing little treat. Chocolate dipped apples, sprinkled with sea salt.
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into 1″ slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon stevia powder (or more to taste)
- Sea salt to sprinkle
- Toss the apple slices in the lemon juice. Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Stir in the stevia powder. Add more stevia if you want the chocolate more sweet.
- Dip each apple slice into the chocolate mixture and place on the baking sheet. If you have extra chocolate sauce after all the apples have been dipped, drizzle it over the apples until they’re fully coated. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cool completely in the refrigerator.